Friday, 29 January 2021

Tutorial - Rhapsody in Red ♥




Tube of Choice - I'm using an absolute beauty from ©Verymany
(Purchased and Used with licence)

Scrapkit of Choice - I'm using "Deeply Loved" a gorgeous kit from Doodle by Design
(Purchased)

If you'd like to use the same designs, you must purchase them before usage however, 
please feel free to use whatever art tube and designs you have permission or licence to use

Mura Meister Copies

Lokas 3D Shadow

EC 4000 or later - HSB Noise

Mask - My Old PTU Mask4 - now Free for those who try this tut :)
If I catch anyone sharing this about, I will be displeased!
It's exclusively a hug and thank you to those of you who do this tut and for your own
PERSONAL creations usage thereafter - 
No sharing about anywhere, thank you xx

Font of Choice - I used Boldwell



Quick notes before we start - 
If you're using a different scrapkit, improvise with your chosen elements
I'll give you the number and description of 
of the element/s I'm using so
you can then hunt around in your supplies and 
match up similar (read them TOU's from any kits you use - don't M and M if you're not allowed)

And a reminder, as I said on my last tutorial that for future scrap tutorials 
I would shorthand the typing up of them - on the presumption that many
of you have done scrap tutorials in the past and know how to make the taggies! :)
So for this tut - 
It's going to be a series of opening, resizing, C&P and either applying
the Mura's filter and/or simply shadowing then positioning on the tag area
and moving items up and down the Layer Palette.
It's that simple - I won't be step by stepping but I'm sure you'll be grand!
Are you ready?
Here we go!


Open a New Image in PSP -
This one is a biggie so
I'm starting with 750 px x 600 px @ 72 dpi

Apply/FF White Background

DL Element 158 - Dotted Paint Print
Res by 50%
C&P
Place center
Mura Meister Copies on this setting
Note: IF you haven't got an element like this, see what you have got that will result in this shape
You're looking for a background paint effect so a brush or splatter or similar
Something that when you Encircle it, it looks a bit like this

DL Ele 4 - Piece of Chicken Wire
Res by 70%
Place top right of the tag canvas
Right click this layer in the LP
Duplicate
Image, Mirror Horizontal
to the Left
then Dup the left one
and with Move Tool
move down the tag canvas 
lining it up with the one above it
then
Dup once more
Mirror to the Right
and again, fiddle to line up

So you should have something looking a bit like this...without the chopped edges lol!

Yes?

Great - so that's our base area laid out
On we go...


Element 6 - Heart shaped twigs with berries
Res 50%
Place bottom right area
Dup
Mirror H

Ele 28 - Black Feather
Res 50%
Onto main canvas
Leave for moment
Open DL Element 108 - Red Flowers with Greenery
Res 30%
Place in LP just above Black Feather layer
and on the area in the middle of the Black Feather
Dropshadow the Red Flowers - ONLY


Don't shadow the feather
but now
Merge the Red Flowers layer
down onto the Black Feather layer
And then apply Mura Meister Copies on this setting


Aha!
It's at this stage when you apply it
that you'll notice the lovely dotted print is no longer showing
So move that layer up the LP to the top
then move it across to the left of the tag canvas with Move tool
so you can see it properly again
then when happy with placement
Move it back down the LP to just above the WB
where it was
and Dup Mirror


Open DL Element 16 - Two Pewter Crowns
Res by 30%
Place on canvas centre and shadow as before
then
MMC - but this time - change the Number and the X and Y Sliders (the top three)

Leave as the top layer in the LP

At this stage you may wish to UP the size of your tag canvas area
so I went up to 
Image, Canvas Size
750 x 600 - so I could see what I was doing
and we do not want any of the elements to be "touching" or overlapping the
edges of the canvas
Eeks!

OK?

Moving on


Open DL Element 128 - Roses with Greenery
Res by 30%
Place central in the tag canvas
Apply EC4000 HSB Noise on these settings

then
Apply MMC - Encircle once more but this time change the sliders to



Make sure this layer is at the top of the LP

Open Ele 74 - Black and Red Choc Hearts
Res 20%
Place in centre
Apply a favourite drop shadow for elements
then
MMC - Encircle on these slider settings

Move this layer down the LP to just below the top one (the Roses and Greenery)

Open your chosen TUBE
Resize as necessary - I went to 50% for mine
Place on the tag area where you'd like it
Move down the LP to where you'd like it to "emerge" from
I had mine just under the pewter crown layer
Duplicate the tube
Apply a favourite drop shadow to the bottom tube
then
Move the top one back up the LP to the top

Then hide this top tube layer
Back to your bottom one

and looking at the tag canvas
With your Eraser tool - set on practically the defaults but this size

Left click to hold down and then move to rub out any of the bottom tube that
is sticking out above and below the encircle areas

Now unhide your top tube
Make sure you're on that layer (it's active in the LP)
Hold down left click and 
And rub out (to erase) any
tube at the bottom area 
Pay special attention to the outside edge of the bottom of the 
tag canvas
Apply in sweeping motion left and right
to really get rid of every last hidden pixel lol
And work your way up the tube
until you have erased enough
that your lovely tube looks like it's emerging from the frame areas
Happy?
Good :)
That will be the last time I explain it so will refer you to an upcoming "How To" page if ever in doubt
of the eraser method for tubes
 (of course, I frequently use the SID method but not that often for tubes)


Open Element 164 - White Butterfly Scatter Spray
Res 70%
Place to the left of the tag area - top of LP
(in actual fact, it was one layer down below the tube layer for me)

Open Element 167 - Stars n Sparkles
Res 70%
Place to the right of the tag area - top of LP
I lined up one of the stars to "twinkle" an element of the tube
Look at your chosen tube and see if you can do likewise for placement

Open Element 35 - Black Fan
Res 70%
Place in the LP on the tag canvas to the top left area (see my tag for line up)
and then move it right down to just above the White Background
Dup
Mirror Horizontal
Apply a favourite element drop shadow to these two layers...
or merge into one fan layer and add the shadow then :D

OK, I got a little tutorial maaaaadness going here - let's wrap this beauty up!


Open Paper 5 - Gorgeous Red with Sparkles on
C&P sized as it is
Move right down the LP to just above the White Back layer

Now CROP your canvas either doing the Merged Opaque way as seen in many
previous tutorials
or just crop however you'd prefer or usually do - 
But, crop so you get rid of excess paper, tube, elements or anything else
outside the tag area
It also allows you to crop to the size you want your final tag to be

I'm actually keeping mine BIG so I just cropped merged opaque which just
cropped it to the size it was but of course, you can resize if you wish

Open my mask - or another one of choice
A nice rectangle dimensioned mask not a square one

Apply to the cropped paper layer on the tag


Finishing touches now - 
Apply any other elements that you'd like to add (?)
I added Hearts in a Bubble to the left and the Black Lace Mask to the right
I also added the strung wordart - painted a layer of white on the back
and added my name
But, you go your way (if liked) and add any touches you wish

Now finally - crop one more time to get it more taggy sized
and to triple check for hangers

Add your Artist © and any licences or additional credits
Add your Name
then
Delete the White Background
Hold down Shift and Hit D
to Duplicate the Entire tag

On the Duplicated one
Layers, Merge Visible and save that one as a .PNG 

Back to your working canvas
and
save that one as a PSPIMAGE
so you can come back to it at a later time
to add more names and make more tags :)

Thank you for doing this tutorial and happy tagging!



No comments:

Post a Comment